Friday 6 November 2009

My first day doing Shimelle's bloggging class!

FRIDAY - So today I decided to make red cabbage for the 1st time...a cookery teacher never having made this? NO! I had a bit of a problem since DH [Peter] doesn't like the smell or taste of vinegar or spices and most recipes included these. I love Delia Smith's books and found one without spices[not this recipe] I did put 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar into the pot and I am cooking it now in my slow cookpot for 8hrs so he will eat it tomorrow with sausages, I don't eat sausages so will have ham instead on a SW red day!!
I am sure our homes tell outsiders about us, open a cupboard door in my kitchen and this is what you will see! A cupboard full of cookery books. Well I was a Home Economics teacher in my early career life and since retirement have a renewed love in cooking, especially since joining Slimming World [note bottom RH side books ] Their recipes are fab and you do lose weight if you eat a lot of the right foods! THURSDAY again - Whilst I wandered round the lake the fields were full of these mushrooms, never sure if these are edible or not?
THURSDAY - Yesterday my husband Peter and I had a day out together, we try to do this every week.
We went to see the film Julie and Julia am which was excellent a real feel good film, it inspired me to get going with this blog today. See the film and you will know why!!
We then went to see out eldest son who had set up for a 24 hr night course fishing with 5 workmates and this lovely location.
TUESDAY - My room ready and trying to sort out a template I like for this blog, still not happy that I have learnt enough about this !

Hi everyone well this is my first proper writing blog! This class is for 3 weeks in November focussing on blogging photos and scrapping.

I signed up to Shimelle's class 'Blogging for Scrapbookers' in October and then lost my emails for 2 weeks, how do we survive without email? Well I did but didn't like it at all LOL!

I finally started this blog on Tuesday 1 day behind and then life and family got in the way like it does,and here I am on day 5 finally starting but hey I have started!!

Not sure I have passed the starting manual test from Shimelle but thank goodness for templates! Still not happy with the blog and want to customerise it like other blogs I see, yes I want to walk before I can run, but cannot follow instructions very easily either.....not changed even as a retired nana!!

Well why am I doing this class when I already have several blogs?.... all Shimelle classes, please note!

Well I am a scrapbooker but lately have noted I have not always been able to journal my photos into LO's or albums quick enough as I seem to take photos and record my life daily. I am certain that in the future I will forget some of those moments and reasons why I took a certain photo. It will be great for my family to read this in future years and to remind me too of moments when I scrap a certain photo.

So documenting daily if possible...cannot promise this yet... will record some details of my life .

Well what happened this week? Here are some daily photos of this week. you have to scroll above!!

6 comments:

  1. I think the blog looks fab Lynne, well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog, well done on catching up with the class so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lynne that is very well done and such a good idea to use it as a reminder of why we take photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great start! And your photos look brilliant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on all your hard work with this new blog Lynne. It looks really great :o)
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Lynne on your new blog - its looking great :)

    ReplyDelete