Wednesday 11 November 2009

My laptop and printer are home!

I don't think I have told you about our 'ladies' LOL We have 2 sisters who are now 3 yrs old. We got them as kittens when our dear beloved dog Barney died.
We only intended bringing home 1 cat a pretty tabby who we named Florrie after Peter's mother. We had chosen from 5 kittens but when we arrived to collect her, the runt of the litter a little black ball of a kitten and ugly too, had no home, so ...yes you can guess Mae ( my mothers name May) came home with us. She now reigns supreme in our household and claims Peter as hers!! Where he goes so does she!
Though I refuse to let her in our bedroom, but nightly she bangs on our bedroom door and finally arrives on our bed around 7am, much to my disgust
Well for the second day I have empty spaces where my laptop and printer should be. Peter is very amused that I don't know what to do when I wake up. Today I watched breakfast time TV!

My computer arrived home and the printer, old as it is is OK and connected once again to my computer!! I was back to normal

It was WI at Slimming World today and although I am struggling to lose weight after 20mths I lost 1/2lb!
It was good to have a 1min silence at 11am at SW.
I thought about all the young men who fight for our country and who weekly are losing their lives, I also prayed for dear friends and acquaintances who are fighting cancer at the moment. There seem to be so many, and it saddens me that this seems to be a prevalent illness of our times
This afternoon I went round the charity shops to find something for an Elvis tribute 40th party on Sat night, a bargain jacket to wear with black trousers and top and a really wide belt round the hips. I will backcomb my hair and wear a head band and sunglasses, just need to persuade Peter to go with the flow.....





4 comments:

  1. Lovely photo of your cat Mae she is looking daggers though doesn't want you to shoo her off the bed I dare say.
    Love that material of the jacket will look great with black trousers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how your new blog is turning out Lynne, lots of interesting reading and great photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing the elvis photographs - did you manage to get Peter to dress up?

    ReplyDelete