Sunday 1 December 2013

1st December, the first day of Advent

I  meant to blog everyday but the last 2 days sort of disappeared!!

We have also heard of the deaths of 2 people we knew really well yesterday and then the Glasgowdisaster too.....today so I haven't learnt but know you should live every moment of your life what ever age!

I read yesterday I found out something else I didn't know! Dec 13th is Christmas Jumper day  http://www.savethechildren.org.uk/2013-11/make-world-better-sweater Need to find my Christmas Jumper!!

So what has happened in our world. Peter's choir went singing for our local Hospice, this house lights were turned on  Fri..not very good photos :(

and tonight I am burning our advent candle and last year learned to watch is burn each day, last year on day one it burnt to day 13!! As you can see this was  Fairtrade candle I ordered and bought, I didn't realise how big it would be!!
Thank you all of you for blogging my challenge this week, cannot believe that we finally finish this challenge this month!!

4 comments:

  1. The lights look lovely. I thought of an advent candle today but haven't got one, so have decided to just burn a big candle we have for five minutes each evening instead. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house lights look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to try extra hard in December so we leave the challenge all topped up.. I buy candles but usually put them away and can't find them til after Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures. I too have candles but they are just smelly Christmas ones. I too mean to blog but things have been a little hectic. Lovely to catch up with yours xx

    ReplyDelete