Friday 6 July 2012

Day 188 - MODERN

Photos from yesterday 
Below going to catch the bus at 9am
The clothes that fell in my M&S trolley!!
Anne shows us the sky in the mornings and I seem to be watching sunsets at the moment! After a lovely sunny day here is the sky from our patio at 8pm, the South Downs on the horizon.
 30mins later
 It was beautiful at 9pm, these photos cannot show you how wonderful it was!


 and 10mins later 
Really shouldn't have drafted this late last night becose..... we have woken to grey skies and a shower on my way home from Sainsbury!!
I met my friend Carol for breakfast and then we found out way to clothes of course :) I found yet another T shirt and she found several things for her holiday to Kenya. She goes tomorrow and has nearly packed, she now has some more items for her bags!!


The word today is MODERN. Which can embrace a huge number of things from art, music, homes, clothes, hairstyles TV programmes to technology.
I try to be modern for my age but I suppose I only embrace modern that suits me and what I feel comfortable with!! I hate the sloppiness of the youth and their text speak, 'chav' ways and swearing...is this my age? No !!   I notice that Peter is not so willing to embrace the modern world as I am especially with technology, he can just use a mobile phone to speak, is unable to text or pick up text and is not prepared to have the patience to learn either. The same goes for the computer and well the top box we now completely baffled him at first and it is still a bit hit and miss how he finds programmes live or recorded!!


So with technology in mind which I embrace as far as I need to...I took this picture this morning in the supermarket. Mind you I do have a Kindle for holidays ( I still like books and browsing charity shops for them) and I am still toying with the idea of an ipad or tablet but they are rather expensive and I need a new laptop first!!


13 comments:

  1. Lynne, your skies are absolutely amazing. Fascinating photo topic, itsn't it ? We can't see sunsets here, they go behind the hill !
    I wanted to tell you that when you highlight a part of your text, it becomes almost impossible to read as it is light blue on white. Or is it just me ? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne I haven't highlighted anything and am puzzled why my text is doing this when I post???? I was going toask you all why it is happening LOOL!

      Delete
  2. Anne, I highlight the writing so I can read it.

    I agree with Anne, your skys are amazing. It looks like you live in a beautiful place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only 2 months and you will be nearly with us, though kent has very different weather at times from us!! It turned out sunny and warm later today!

      Delete
  3. The skies are beautiful- I love sky pictures!

    I too would love an ipad one day.

    Not sure how often you use your kindle- but I belong to a great ereader club where you pay a subscription and can choose a bestseller every month. If you'd like the details let me know and I'll send you a message on facebook or UKS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks kim will find you on UKS or maybe FB :)...same name?

      Delete
  4. Beautiful sunsets.
    I should be more technology savy but just can't find the enthusiasm. TV totally baffles me as we haven't had one for years and my mobile phone is out of the ark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures. Sunsets are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like a beautiful day yesterday and what a lovely sunset. Well done on the clothes shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those sunset photos are superb :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great sunsets.. and I love technology, At least I do once I can use it.. hate the learning new stuff process..drag me in kicking and screaming and then I love it!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice range of photos, lovely sunsets and good modern shot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent shot! Congratulations! Great pictures! I got the cool of them - thanks!

    ReplyDelete